TERIAURA is committed to protecting your personal data.
As “Data Controller”, we process your personal details in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. We collect adequate, relevant and limited data for predetermined, explicit and legitimate purposes. Your personal data are thus retained for a set period of time and no longer than is strictly necessary. We take all necessary measures to keep personal data safe and secure and guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of personal data that we hold.
2. Lawfulness of Processing
In accordance with the principle of lawfulness of processing, the processing of data that we collect shall be lawful if and to the extent that:
- you have given consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary to fulfill a contract or service;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests.
In this regard, in our data collection forms (creation of client account, game entry forms, etc.) we clearly identify which fields are required and which fields are optional and provide details of the purpose of processing.
3. Purpose of Processing Data
In accordance with the principle of purpose limitation, we may process your data for the following purposes: direct marketing campaigns, customer/prospect relationship management, online account management, order handling, game entry management, in order to respond to your questions or to queries in relation to your consent, sending you details of special offers or information on our products or campaigns, via your specified preferred contact method (post, email or telephone) as well as offers from our partners.
The purpose of processing of your personal data is specified and defined at the time of collection of the data in order to inform you of how your data will be used.
Your personal data will be processed in strict compliance with the purposes specified and cannot be processed for purposes incompatible with those for which it was initially collected, processed for any future purpose or processed for any other purpose.
4. Types of Personal Data Collected
In accordance with the principle of data minimisation, we commit to limiting the collection of personal data to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is being processed.
In this regard, when you submit game entry or order forms, create customer accounts, register for subscriptions or send correspondence, we may collect and process all or part of the following data:
- name and surname;
- email address;
- postal address;
- landline telephone number;
- mobile telephone number;
- age/date of birth;
- your opinion on our products;
- methods of payment (not bank details);
- your purchase history and your purchase preferences;
- all correspondence (in order to meet Customer Services follow-up requirements);
- your response to Quality questionnaires for the purpose of maintaining statistics.
5. Recipients of Your Personal Data
Within the company, access to your data is restricted to authorised personnel who require such access as part of their role. All such personnel are required to follow company police on IT Security in the exercise of their functions.
Outwith the company, access to your data is limited exclusively to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the legitimate purpose of the performance and completion of a sales contract and for sending commercial offers. These third parties are contractually bound to comply with all relevant standards in the performance of their services as subcontractors.
Your personal data may be transferred to one of our partners in a third country under a standardised contractual clause that makes specific guarantees around the transfer of personal data, a copy of which can be obtained from the Data Controller.
6. Security of Your Data
In accordance with the principle of integrity and confidentiality, we have implemented the appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data and prevent any unauthorised access, improper use, disclosure, accidental loss or destruction of data.
It is, however, your responsibility to ensure that the device you are using (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.) is properly configured, secured and protected against malicious software (viruses, malware, spyware, etc.). You should be aware of the fact that, without adequate security measures in place (secure web browser configuration, antivirus software, firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources), there is a risk that your data and the passwords you use to protect access to your data could be unlawfully accessed, disclosed… to unauthorised third parties.
7. Storage of Your Data
In accordance with the principle of storage limitation, your personal data will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was initially collected.
In consideration of our business activity and the purposes detailed in point 3 above, your personal data will be retained for the duration of our games, where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as you are an active customer) or for the duration of your subscription to our newsletter and we will retain your personal data for a period of 3 years from the end of our last commercial relationship or from your most recent participation in one of our games or if you have not opened a newsletter during this period; or until the withdrawal of your consent.
At the point where we no longer need to process your data for any reason, your data may be deleted or permanently anonymised so that it can no longer be traced back to you (i.e. as relating to an identified or identifiable natural person). In accordance with applicable law, anonymised data can only be retained for the purposes of pursuing legitimate interests, meeting legal obligations or for use in statistical information, with the appropriate organisational and technical safeguards required to be in place.
8. Your Rights
In compliance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, each time we collect personal data relating to you, we will provide you with the following information:
- the identity and the contact details of the data controller;
- the contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable;
- the purposes of the processing for which the personal data is intended as well as the legal basis for the processing;
- the legitimate interests pursued, where applicable;
- the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data;
- where applicable, the fact that we intend to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation;
- the period for which personal data will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability and the possibility of providing specific directives concerning the fate of personal data after death;
- the existence of the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- information on whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data;
- where applicable, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing.
Where your personal data has not been obtained from you, you will be informed:
- of the source from which the personal data originates and, if applicable, whether it came from publicly accessible sources; or not
- within a reasonable period after obtaining the personal data, but at the latest within one month;
- at the latest at the time of the first communication between us; or
- if a disclosure to another recipient is envisaged.
You also have the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have any questions relating to your personal data, please contact us by email at the following email address:
Or by post at the following address:
TERIAURA – Pearls
Chung Fung Commercial Building，
12 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon,
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is placed and stored on the hard drive of your computer or in your browser software by the server when you visit the website online. Cookies are used to store various data that are designed to enhance the functionality of the website. They are used to gather information about your visit on the website (number of visits, frequency of display of banner ads, links to other sites, etc.) or to create customised page content that will display on your next visit to the website (your account, content that you viewed on the Site, recognition when you next visit…).
Types of cookies and data collected
When you browse this website, your computer interacts with a server that transmits requested data and automatically saves each packet of data in a specific log file.
To give you a better experience on this website, cookies are used. They can be temporary or permanent.
Certain cookies and thus certain data collected do not enable us to identify you personally. They can be erased automatically as soon as you end your browsing session or stored for a limited period of time as set by a supervisory authority and then erased after a certain time has passed. They can also be used in an aggregated and thus anonymous manner to allow us to improve your browsing experience and have a global view of the interests of our users.
By using our website, you consent to the use and storage of cookies on your end device
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for allowing you to move around our website and for using functions, such as access to the secure areas. Requested features, such as game entry forms, would not be enabled without these cookies.
These cookies store information about how visitors use the website. Automatic collection of information allows us to monitor overall activity on the website, detect issues and ensure that suitable material resources are available for the website. Performance cookies do not collect data that identify users. All information collected by performance cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. These cookies are exclusively aimed at enhancing the website interface.
Targeted Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you view an advert, as well as to help measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns. These cookies are usually placed by a third-party advertising network with permission from the website provider. They remember the websites you visit and this information is shared with other parties, for example, advertisers. Very often, targeted or advertising cookies are linked to the functionalities on the website that are provided by the partner organisation.
Information is collected and shared with third parties to provide audience targeting and optimised solutions for advertisers and publishers. No personal data can be derived from these cookies and individuals cannot be identified using the data collected.
Cookies Placed by Third Party Companies or Placed by Another Website
These are cookies that are placed by other companies. The only third-party cookies placed on our website are those generated by social networks that issue cookies to check whether you are connected to their services.
Audience Measurement Cookies
We collect information on your use of the website to help measure and study the efficacy of our interactive online content, to compile data analytics, to help us understand our users and to improve services we propose on the website. We thus gather details of the pages viewed on our website, how much time you spend on these pages, how you arrived on the website (whether via a referring link, social networks, a search engine…), and the links clicked during your browsing on the website.
We do not collect your personal data. We do not authorise our suppliers to use or share your data.
Like many commercial websites, we collect data that enables us to automatically gather information each time you visit this website (such as pages viewed, links clicked, documents consulted, or number of octets transferred) and personal information about you that will be used to remember your settings so as to improve your visit and eliminate the need to repeatedly enter the same information each time you visit this website or by customising your content matching your preferences and interests.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made (such as your user name, chosen language, or geographical location) and thus to provide more accurate and personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes made by the user, for example the text size or font. They can also be used to provide services that you have requested, such as leaving a comment on the website.
The information collected by these cookies is only processed once your consent regarding the use of your personal data has been obtained (for example, upon signing up for an account, subscription to a newsletter, etc.).
Information collected by these cookies can be made anonymous so that your activities on other websites can not be tracked.
Manage your preferences
There are several ways to manage cookies.
You can also erase cookies that have been installed on your computer and permanently delete the information they contain.
You can also configure your browser to warn you when a website is trying to set a cookie on your device and ask you if you agree or not.
We remind you that settings may change your experience on our website.
Every browser has a different configuration process. It is explained in your browser’s help menu, and shows how you can make the modifications you want regarding cookies.
You can disable cookies by following the instructions below:
1/ If you use Internet Explorer as your web browser
- In Internet Explorer, click on “Tools”, then on “Internet Options”.
- Under the “General” tab, under “Browsing History” click “Settings”.
- Click on “View files”.
- Click the “Name” column header to sort files by alphabetical order, then scroll down the list until you see the files that begin with the prefix “Cookie”. (All cookies have this prefix and usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie).
- Select all cookies with the name of the website and delete them.
- Close the window that contains the list of files, then click “OK” twice to return to Internet Explorer.
2/ If you use Firefox as your web browser
- Go to the browser’s “Tools” tab and then select the “Options” menu.
- Select “Privacy” and “Display cookies” in the pop-up window.
- Identify the files with the name of the website.
- Select the files and then delete.
3/ If you use Safari as your web browser
- Go to the browser’s “Edit” menu and select Preferences”.
- Click on “Security”.
- Click on “Display cookies”.
- Select the cookies with the name of the website and click “Erase” or “Erase All”.
- After deleting the cookies, click “End”.
4/ If you use Google Chrome as your web browser
- Click on the “Tools” menu icon.
- Select “Options”.
- Click the “Advances Options” and access the "Privacy" section.
- Click the “Display cookies” button.
- Identify and select the cookies with the name of the website and delete.
- Click “Close” to return to browser.